I bought the sample size of Benefit They’re Real Mascara several months ago, since there was so much hype surrounding it. I was excited to try it, since it’s actually one of the only high end mascaras I have actually bought. Most of my other mascaras are sample sizes that came with GWPS and my mom.
The sales associates claim this is one of the best mascara everrrr! Is it really?
This is the description from Sephora:
What it is:
A jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts, and separates lashes for a spectacular “out-to-here” look.
What it does:
This mascara features an exclusive brush specially designed to maximize the performance of the long-wearing, glossy formula revealing lashes you never knew you had! Staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length and volume beyond belief. The precision bristles on the custom-domed tip lift, define, and curl even your tiniest lashes. The end result is luxurious, silky lashes that won’t smudge, clump, or dry out.
- It does kind of curl your lashes if you wiggle the rubbery wand from side to side, however, it would not replace an eyelash curler.
- I don’t notice much smudging- however one time I had this on my eyes for around 8 hours, and I noticed some blackness, but I was in a stuffy environment.
- It lengthens extremely well, but I do not notice much voluminizing. For someone with hooded eyelids, i wish my eyelashes would’ve stuck out more with the mascara.
- Applying more than 2-3 coats will result in clumpiness + spider leg looking lashes.
- When I remove the mascara, sometimes 1-2 eyelashes fall out. 🙁
- No one has come up to ask me if I’m wearing false lashes. Bummer.
If you want to try this out, I do suggest buying the sample/travel size instead ($10USD/$12CAD) rather than the full size ($23USD/$29CAD) because it’s rather expensive. If you are looking for a lengthening eyelash mascara, this would do the job. However, it did fall a bit short for me. I actually prefer Benefit’s BadGal lash mascara, which I got in a sample box.
…and the Announcement!
My wonderful engineering friend has let me host my own blog on his server, so I will be starting to post posts on www.wandsandpliers.com soon! However, it’s still unaesthetically designed, and I have some comments to import, and plugins to plug in. The inner programming inside of me want to mess around with colours and backgrounds, so I thought it would be so much more fun if I started building my site.
You can click on the FOLLOW button (right bottom corner of the site) to submit your email to start following. I hope that button works, haven’t tested it out yet! I look forward to continuous bloggin!
In summer 2010, I went on a cruise to Mexico. I cruised on the ship “Mariner of the Seas” which is part of the Royal Caribbean cruise line. Although some of my memories are a bit of a blur, the overall trip was quite hot and enjoyable.
Living: All passengers stay in a “stateroom.” The room was clean and comfortable, and we had a balcony with 2 chairs for tanning. There was a TV, desk, table, and a couch. We also had a very kind housekeeper, because she folded all my clothes. I always woke up late and left everything lying around, and I remember coming back to my room after, everything neatly folded.
Relaxing: Apart from chilling in my stateroom, I spent most of my time on the cruise’s “Royal Promenade.” The royal promenade is a floor where it is designed like a boardwalk and you are walking through a mini, cobbled street with shops and treats to stop by. There is a cafe, called “Cafe Promenade,” where I spent my mornings, afternoons, evenings, and late night to snack. They served mini sandwiches, brownies, cookies, pizza, coffee, and tea. It’s always crowded due to the long line ups of people wanting a snack after a long trip of walking.
There are also duty free shops along royal promenade, where one could buy wine, jewellery, makeup, and clothes to bring back home.
I’ve been on the hunt for an asymmetrical dress (dress that is shorter in the front and long in the back,) ever since I saw them on Gossip Girl. But since I’m fairly short, it’s hard to find a dress that isn’t too long that touches the ground. One of my blog readers, cokarabbit said to look at Forever 21, and look is what I did. Due to the jumble mess and that none of the dresses are ever on the right rack, I couldn’t find any that looked right. After searching for a while, I saw this dress on a rack of sweaters and grabbed it.
The length was great- since it didn’t touch the ground when I’m barefoot. I also like the summer-y floral/poppy pattern. It also came with a belt. Unfortunately, for a size small dress, it was still kind of big. I bought it anyway, because I justified that I can wear a lace tube top or tank under the dress and it would look decent. Or should I get it altered. For a $29.80 dress is it worth it? Let me know what you think!
By the way, the dress can also be found online here on the Forever 21 site.The picture on the right is a model wearing the dress.
Here’s my version! (And following is very bad self taken, low quality portraits of the dress.)
Do I look too young for it..even tho I’m in my 20’s. =.=”
Yay or nay? Keeper? Too big? Should I leave it the way it is, or adjust it? Return it? What’s your verdict?
I finally, finally survived my 5 finals in 6 days week + 2 sleepovers at UBC campus + average of 15-20 hours of sleep this whole week (approximately 3-4 hours of sleep/day.) I’ve been awake since 5 am studying for electronics,and I am finally FREE.
I feel like I haven’t been on WordPress for ages, so here’s a update on the little things during the last couple days…and I can’t wait to write the million thing I want to share after this post.
1) For the past couple weeks, I got H Pylori infection– a type of bacteria sitting in the stomach that pretty much makes you feel like crap. H Pylori is the cause of ulcers (don’t think I have one..) and it also causes inflammation of the stomach.For the first two weeks of April, I have been eating 8 pills/day (antibiotics), and it hasn’t been fun. I wanted to write a bit about it for all those people who googles about it, because when I first got my box of pills, I was freaking out, googling about side effects, and freaking out more.
I did not get any side effects, maybe a bit sleepy and “full” for the first couple days, but after that, I just held my breath and popped them in like candy. The biaxin (yellow pill) tastes the worst. I held my breath, swallowed it, and then sucked on candy or something so I won’t taste the after taste. This was not a fun ordeal, but at least I can eat like a normal, young, healthy person again!
For all those who are ever diagnosed with positive H Pylori, DON’T go online and be obsessed with forums of people taking natural remedies and stuff. Do what the doc says.
2) I redeemed my free Starbucks drink that I luckily got from my last purchase. I got an Iced Caramel Macchiato! Very yummy, but I shouldn’t have jumped into the caffeine diet so fast cause the acidity of the caffeine made me feel queasy.
3) Starbucks part 2: I GOT MY GOLD CARD! ^____^
3) I received my bow tie ring I bought from ASOS on sale ages ago. I’ve been looking for a big chunky ring, and this is adjustable too!Great accessory to make a plain outfit interesting!
4) I have been obsessed with Instagram lately (follow me at wheetnee if you are interested :D) , and here’s a nice picture of cherry blossom tree I took on campus. I was trying to go for an “artistic shot/angle” so I shot it while I was under the tree. 😛
5) Tomorrow is Earth Day, and lots of retailers are having special promotions:
-As I mentioned in my last post, Starbucks is giving free coffee or tea if you bring your own travel mug.
– David’s Tea is giving away free tea of the day when you bring in your travel mug.
– Sephora is having a promotion I am excited about! Bring in an empty cosmetic jar and get a FREE FULL SIZED Origins moisturizer. Going to go when the store openings in the am!
– Khiels is also giving some kind of starter kit if you bring in an empty cosmetic jar! This promo runs from April 18-30th! I never tried anything from Khiels so I’m excited to check it out!
I’m excited to go around Downtown Vancouver to check out these Earth Day perks tomorrow!