Vancouver is known for its rainy weather, and we will probably see more rain for the next 8 months. I take transit often, so I have to stick to certain beauty products that would survive the wet environment in Vancouver. [Read more…]
I have a huge problem with dark under eye circles and eye bags; and when I’m in a hurry or lazy, I have no time to cover them. One of my favourite products to solve this problem is bareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener. [Read more…]
Hi readers! Sorry I haven’t done any reviews since I have been busy with my exams and I haven’t shopped at all lately!
During the Sephora VIB sales I was wandering around looking for a natural looking peach blush. The sales associate said the peachest blush would be Buxom True Hue Blush in Euphoria. It is described as a “lively coral” and it lives up to making me look alive for sure! I didn’t even know Buxom made blushes, and I don’t purchase much from this brand either. I did some googling, and this blush is free of parabens and all the bad stuff! They carry 8 different colours of blushes at Sephora.
What it is:
A collection of luxurious powder blushes, each with a silky texture.
What it does:
Sweep on this silky, sheer, and ultra-buildable blush to create your own true hue. Each of these shades contains rhodiola, an arctic plant root that makes cheeks appear refreshed, allowing them to come alive with color. Whether you’re looking for a luminous flush or a pop of vibrance, this featherweight formula gives you the color of your dreams.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
– Synthetic Fragrances
All their blushes have a nice sleek, black case packaging. Unfortunately, over time the case got scratched easily and it is definitely a fingerprint magnet.
Inside reveals a mirror and a 5g/0.17 oz of the product!
The colour is sheer and light, but buildable- it is also pigmented and feels and looks natural. It has the natural, true hue I was looking for! It goes on very smoothly and easy to blend. It also lasts very long- I’ve worn this for 9 hours and I still look alive. I also like how there are no sparkles in it so I don’t need to look like a walking glitter to look vibrant and happy!
What do you think? Have you tried Buxom products before? Also! I will be departing for Hong Kong next Monday and this life saver of a blush is coming along with me! Can’t wait to blog while I’m in another city!!
Hi bloggers, this is my first “favourites” post, yay! Sorry I’ve been super slow on updating. I had a cold/cough/fever for a week so I lacked all motivation to get myself back in the blogosphere. But I’m all pumped up to blog now!
These 5 products are something I’ve been using often in September, and I’m pretty sure they will be my favourite things for quite a while!
1) Bioderma HydraBio Tonique: I won this in a raffle draw from Shoppers, and this is my favourite out of the bunch! I use it day and night, and it’s perfect for sensitive skin, even though my skin is more on the dry side. Nevertheless, I use this after cleansing, then put on some moisturizer, and my skin has never been so hydrated.
2) Murad Intensive-C Radiance Peel: I got this sample from Sephora and it pretty much revolutionized my skincare routine. I’m considering splurging on the full sized product (price is horrendous though). I use this tiny sample 1-2 times a week (only used it for two weeks so far,) and I leave it on for ten minutes. There’s this tingly feeling which feels like it’s working, then I wash it off. Smooth skin in an instant!
3) Buxom Lip Polish in Katie: Ah, I love this thing! I love the tingly feeling on the lips and it’s very moisturizing. A tad bit sticky, but that’s forgiveable. The colour is very natural and I use it around the middle of my lips most of the time.
4) Fresh Sugar Lychee rollerball: I think this scent was heaven-sent to me. I hardly use perfume, but I love the smell of it. Lychee is one of my favourite fruits. The scent is not too fruity, and no florals as well. Smells like I just got out of a shower (in a good way.)
5) bare Minerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener: All undereye concealers I’ve ever tried does not even keep up with this! This is a brand new product from bare Minerals. It has sheer-medium coverage as advertised, and little sparkles that make the undereye brighten up asap. A little bit goes a long way, and I actually look like I slept for 8 hours!
These 5 products are pretty much the only thing keeping me through September, and probably for a very long time too! Have you tried any of these? 🙂
Do you remember your first product from Sephora? I do. It was a pot of mineral powder from bareMinerals of “Well Rested” Multi Tasking Face Colour. My friend took me to Sephora for the first time and I had no idea what was going on. I was a noob at makeup and didn’t wear any of this. But, I felt like I should buy something, and the only thing I ever felt self conscious about back then was my eye bags. So, the sales associate put some of this on and I bought it for $23CAD. My heart broke at the wallet, but as long as it works, it’s worth it right?
Definitely, because I still have the same pot in my bathroom 4 years later. Although I didn’t use it often from the second-third year of owning this product, I am now finding many uses for this mineral powder.
There is a sifter- you can tap a bit out on the lid, then use a brush or fingers to dab some on the problem areas! This is great to control the amount of product you are going to use!
Instantly achieve a wide-awake look with this innovative eye brightener. Our lightweight formula buffs on gently around the eye area to visibly diminish dark circles while the SPF 20 offers added protection against the sun’s harmful rays.
Masks your all-nighter by refreshing the eye area and creating a bright-eyed look
Keeps your true hue all day long when applied under bareMinerals Eyecolors
Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Kaolin, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
Although this product can be used as an under eye concealer alone, sometimes it doesn’t provide enough coverage, but it still makes my eyes look brighter and more awake. I prefer to use it over concealer, as it does a great job acting as a “finishing powder.”
It has good brightening properties.
I love using this cover redness– I just it on the sides of my nose, a bit on my cupid’s bow, and on the sides of my lips. It’s great in covering blemishes! When I got my wisdom teeth removed and I had ugly bruises on my face, I used Well Rested with another Bare Minerals foundation to cover them completely!
This product is also a great highlighter if you sweep some across the cheekbones and on the nose ridge! I also use it on my brow bone for a natural, yet highlighted high brow look.
I am still using this product, and I finally am able to make it work well! This is truly a great multi-tasker for dark circles, blemishes, redness, and whatever needs a little concealing! Great product, great ingredients, and will last a long time!