If you are looking for fun makeup gift sets, Benefit Cosmetics is a no brainer when it comes to packaging their classic beauty products! I was sent two of their holiday products, the Life Is A Pretty Party set and Magnificent Brow Show. I can’t have a party at home, but at least I can have my own self-hosted makeup party with me and my products, right?
For the makeup lover, the Life Is A Pretty Party ($40 CAD) is an adorable set that already come packaged in a fun, yellow tin. The value of this is great – as you get a full sized Dandelion Blush (valued at $40 CAD) and a full sized BADgal BANG! mascara (valued at $33 CAD), and a mini The POREfessional face primer (valued at $18 CAD).
I actually blogged about the Dandelion Blush here 8 years ago!! Crazy – my photos were such garbage back then, using my iPhone 4S front facing selfie camera to take all my shots. Dandelion gives a natural, pink flush to the cheeks and brightens your complexion. I’ve purchased the full size POREfessional face primer a lot back when I was in my young adult era (sadly I feel like I’m not a young adult anymore!) as it gives the skin a very smooth canvas to put makeup on. It really cancels out the little errors I nitpick about on my face, especially the nose. The second ingredient is Dimethicone, so if you are wary of silicones then you may not prefer it. If you don’t care, POREfessional is one of the most classic face primers out there.
Or maybe you haven’t really put a lot of face makeup on lately because of masking? Then you can dress up your brows instead! I used to get my brows threaded monthly pre-pandemic, and sadly I have stopped going for safety purposes. I really miss getting my brows cleaned up, plucked, and getting a little brow massage at the end. Now I am tweezing them myself and it is nowhere close compared to someone doing it for me. That’s why I find the Magnificent Brow Show ($66 CAD) is perfect present for the holidays for those who enjoy taking their brows to the next level!
The set comes in four shades -I received Shade 5:
- Shade 2 – Warm Golden Blonde
- Shade 3 – Warm Light Brown
- Shade 4 – Warm Deep Brown
- Shade 5 – Warm Black Brown
The set comes with 5 full sized products:
- Goof Proof Waterproof Easy Shape & Fill Eyebrow Pencil ($32 CAD) – it has an angled tip with a wide side to fill and a pointed end to define.
- Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel ($32 CAD) – A tinted gel that contains microfibres to add natural volume to brows.
- Precisely, My Brow Pencil ($32 CAD) – A fine tip brow pencil on one end and spoolie on the other; enables you to create fine strokes to fill in gaps.
- 24-HR Brow Setter Clear Eyebrow Gel ($32 CAD) – This is a transparent gel to tame the brow hairs. I have long bushy brows that stick out so this is great if you don’t want to do your brows but just brush them down quickly so they stay put! Also, isn’t the container so pretty?!
- Ka-BROW! Waterproof Eyebrow Pomade with Built-In Brush ($19 CAD) – The cream-gel formula is so far my favourite packaging and type of product to use on my brows.
After experimenting with a combination of products, I think my brows have been more defined, though my hair is definitely anything but proper. I used the Ka-brow! to shape the edge and end of my brows, and Goof Proof Brow Pencil to fill in the gaps. Lastly, I used Gimme Brow to tame + add some natural fullness! Definitely Shade 5 suits my dark hair and brows.
Weirdly, I haven’t mastered the brow pencil and I had some unevenness between my two brows. Preferred the look of this brow over the other one. 😛
You can purchase Benefit Cosmetics online, or in stores at Sephora and Shoppers Drug Mart. For Canadians, the sets Life is a Pretty Party and Magnificent Brow Show can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart.
Disclaimer: Press sample.