So I attended my first music festival ever – marking THAT off my bucket list. Last month, I went to FVDED IN THE PARK, a two day musical festival in Surrey, and I can’t believe it took that many years in my life to finally find my ‘party’ scene. I was never into clubbing or drinking; but listening to EDM, screaming to The Chainsmokers, and being in the densest of crowds seemed to be up my alley. One of the most fun parts about going to a festival though, is deciding what to wear and slabbing on colourful makeup without giving a f*ck in the the world. To celebrate the music festival season, I received a few products from Teeez Cosmetics…let’s see if my finished look is festive enough?
What I learned from attending FVDED In The Park:
- Drink water, water, water! Know where the closest water stations are. Fill up before you plan to be in a crowd for two hours. Miraculously, I drank so much water and sweat so much, I luckily did not have to run to the portable potty. One serious thought came to my mind – I’d go right there on the spot if I couldn’t get out of the crowd in time. Space is a precious thing.
- Dress light. I see why some people just wear a sport bra going out- things get warm FAST. At one point I couldn’t tell if I was covered in my sweat or the sweat of another 10 people around me. Next time I may do a sport bra + overalls – because having pockets is so DAMN useful.
- Comfy shoes is a MUST. Everyone’s wearing sneakers, now’s not the time to tower people in 3″ heels.
- Have lots of backup battery juice. Thank you to the Teeez Cosmetics portable battery bank I received with my PR package!!
There’s a chance that the camera will be on you and your face will appear on the screens by the stage. I’d like my makeup game to be strong! I find that I can go out of my comfort zone and be a bit bold at a music festival, and I’ve been playing around with these Teeez Cosmetics products:
- Bulletproof Curl Mascara
- Sealed with a kiss lipstick in A15 vintage orange
- Cloud nine eyeliner in Electric Aqua
All the packaging is very colourful, very “Teeez,” and the colours definitely scream “bring me to your next party!!” Also – the Sealed With a Kiss Lipstick is a 2 in 1 product – one side is a gloss and the other is a matte lipstick.
The Cloud Nine Eyeliner is very wet when applied and clearly I didn’t wait for it to try and I blinked; hence you can see the blue on my eyelashes. Since the brush is so thin, you can make a very precise flick with it. Once it dries, it sets pretty well and it lasted on an 8 hour day for me me. Electrica Aqua is a beautiful and fun shade! Unfortunately, the Bulletproof Curl Mascara didn’t hold a curl for me – not sure if it’s because Vancouver is very humid right now. It did not smudge on me though! I have to curl my lashes again with a curler after applying the mascara to have a better curl.
My favourite of the bunch is the Sealed With a Kiss Lipstick. Vintage Orange is SO orange that I’m kind of scared to wear it out (which makes it very suitable for a festival.) Because it is dry AF here my lips are kind of cracky. The lipstick does sink a bit into the lip lines, but once you layer a bit of gloss over – problem solved!
Although the Bulletproof Curl mascara fell a bit flat for me, I recommend the Desert Metals Mascara. I tried it three years ago and wanted to repurchase it before it was available in Canada! Are you a fan of the blue and orange festival look? I am and I’d probably add a few rhinestones or something on my face too, because why not! I also had a tattoo bracelet on inside the PR package, and I have so much regrets for forgetting to take a photo of it.
Are you a fan of music festivals? What do you wear? Which festivals should I check out in the future?!
You can shop for Teeez Cosmetics online at The Bay.
Follow Me, Tweet Me, Befriend Me!
Disclaimer: Press Sample provided, all opinions are my own.