This is one of the most spontaneous, last minute trip I’ever planned (first world problems;) I only made this decision 2.5 weeks before the departure date!I only needed a hotel for a portion of my trip and cause I’m a huge cheapo, I used TripAdvisor to search for hotels, as they compare different prices from different sites and I managed to find one for $59/night in Hong Kong that has great amenities; I will share the place with you when I’m there! Since this is the first time travelling to Asia without my parents, I’m doing my own restaurant research also on TripAdvisor. Secretly, I’m just going to stuff myself with McDonald’s Shake Shake Fries.
Of course after planning the basics, it’s planning what skincare and makeup I need! And what samples I can use up! Since I’m always a bit iffy on what brand of products hotels carry, I do like to bring my personal shower things.
The Body Products:
Kiehls’ Creme de Corps: I got this during Earth Day, where you bring in an empty product container and you get a travel sized kit from Kiehl’s. This size is PERFECT for travelling as it’s super mini. I heard really good things about this so I’m excited to see how it works for me!
Joise Maran Whipped Argan Oil: I love all the products Josie Maran makes; I got a duo of her whipped argan oil lotions last year and sadly I lost one of them. This scent is “sweet citrus,” and I admit, it is a bit too sweet for me and not really my taste. I’m determined to finish this though, at least I have faith in the moisturizing properties.
Bee Kind Shower Gel: This came from April 2015’s Birchbox and it’s the perfect time to put this shower gel to the test! Sometimes I find hotel shower gels not hydrating enough so I like bringing my own travel sized ones. Plus this smells good; I love anything honey!
The Hair Products:
1. Pantene Repair & Protect Shampoo & Conditioner: There’s a high chance that I will end up walking to a drugstore in Hong Kong and buy a set of small hair products for cheap, but just in case I am carrying my own! I think I got this from a box as well, but can’t remember which one! I haven’t used Pantene products in a while so it’ll be interesting to see how my hair reacts to these.
2. Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair deep conditioning mask: I think this came from an Ipsy Glam Bag (which I have un-subbed a while ago,) and it is a hair mask! My hair can go insanely frizzy or dry in the hot weather of Asia, so this is a great opportunity to try it out! And hopefully I can use it often enough and use it all up!
The Skin Products (the biggest of the bunch….)
1. 1-2-3 Clinique Cleanse, Exfoliate, Moisturize sample: What more can I say about this sample, all three products are going to come in handy during the trip for sure and I will need to exfoliate for sure! I got this sample from ordering online Sephora (so much better than shopping instore IMHO.)
2. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner: I will also bring my own toner (put it in a travel sized bottle,) but having a sample pack will also make things handy. This toner sounds pretty promising; it contains things like Apricot, Kernel Oil, Avocado Oil, and Vitamin E. If it works well I may even buy the full sized, you know how much I love toners!
3. Kiel’s Ultra Facial Cream: I also got this during the Earth Day promotion from Kiehl’s; this tiny little bottle will be great for bringing on the plane. I can imagine how dry and oily different parts of my face is going to be midway through a 13 hour flight so hopefully this will be a little lifesaver!
4. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream: I redeemed this sample with 100 Sephora points awhile ago and I want to finish this up as fast as possible! My eyes are getting drier lately so hopefully I get back into the habit of using an eye cream daily (plus I’m getting older too *shudders*.)
5. Ole Henriksen truth serum: I have a full sized bottle of this baby because I love it! This serum has worked consistently for me; I got this small sized one during Sephora’s Black Friday (or Boxing Day?) for $12 and I also have the large bottle in my bathroom. I can just wear this and forget my moisturizer, and still wake up with baby soft skin. I’ve met Mr. Ole Henriksen himself at the Sephora Robson opening and his skin is AMAZING for his age, seriously wish I could pull that off later on too.
6. Clarins Hydra-Quench Cream Mask: Stocking up on mask sheets is a routine in Asia, but I’m going to bring this thumb sized sample to treat my skin if it goes crazy. Clarins is a brand that I would like to try more of but they are a bit pricey.
7. Hourglass N° 28 Primer Serum: Another product that I have, but haven’t used much. This is a hydrating “oil-blend” serum to treat the skin prior to putting on makeup. It smells like a blend of essential oils (yay for me!) and makes the skin feather soft. It contains 28 key ingredients:
14 essentials oils (lavender, geranium, rose geranium, vanilla, clove, orange peel, amyris, lemon peel, petitgrain, eucalyptus, rosemary leaf, bois de rose, cedar leaf, ylang ylang), 10 lipid-rich plant oils (jojoba, rose hips seed, evening primrose, hazelnut, borage seed, kukui nut, sweet almond, green tea, olive, and cherry pit), and four vitamins (A, B5, C, and E).
Hourglass usually does very little wrong and I’ve had good results with their products so far. I will report back to you if I like this product!
Whew, that’s quite a bit and I’m ready to use them all up! I’m all ready to go on my trip! I can’t wait to share everything with you all later when I’m back! I will be slow at commenting and replying, but my blog will be up to date with the latest beauty reviews!
Goodbye Vancouver! Keep up with me on Instagram! 🙂
Follow Me, Tweet Me, Befriend Me!