Secret confession: I suck at nail art. I bought a dotting tool from the Essence stand at Shoppers Drug Mart, and did a horrible job in making my nails look nice, so I am using it to detail my polymer clay miniatures instead. In comes the easiest DIY nails, from Influenster,……presenting the imPress Manicure VoxBox!
The imPress Manicure VoxBox contains 2 packages of press-on nails from Broadway Nails. The beauty of these nails is that they’re “press-on;” there are various sizes of these sticker-like nails. You remove a plastic sticky tab at the cuticle and then align it to your nails. It literally took around 2 minutes for application.
I received these before in my first Influenster VoxBox and I had leopard pattern press on nails. I didn’t really like the pattern I got last time since I felt a bit awkward wearing leopard print on my nails, but I love these two styles I received in my VoxBox this month.
The first style I tried on is also my favourite one. It has a lace-floral-butterfly pattern and it screams elegance and feminine. I got many compliments for these and some people even recognized them as press on nails! However, after the 3rd day, the colour started to chip off at the top, as you can see in the second picture. However, I love how not all the designs are the same, there’s some slight differences of pattern per press on nail so I could mix and match them!
The other style of Broadway Press On Nails is a metallic pink nail set called “Control Freak.” At first I was wondering why they would produce single coloured nails, but I guess if you were going to an event and need some last minute nail colour, these are a perfect option. I wish I had these for all my graduation pictures and events!
- Although these press on nails are for “short length,” the length of the nail is a bit too long. There is a gap between my real nail and the imPress nail. When I run my fingers through my hair during showering, a piece of hair always gets caught in between.
- The edges can be a bit rough sometimes. The under edges of the “Control Freak” press on nail has a rouge surface in the middle. I had a similar problem with the leopard pattern press on nail (you can see the picture here,) the nail looks a bit unnatural.
- The coating/paint wears off easily while doing basic tasks.
- Sold in drugstores (London Drugs, Walmart) around $8.99-$10.99; which is more affordable than a manicure!
- Gorgeous patterns (Holla is anyway!)
- Convenient application and you won’t have the pain of air bubbles/chips/scratches on your nail polish
- There’s more than you need in the package, so you can get creative and mix press-on nails with other nail polish in the future!
The bottom line; the idea of these press-on nails from Broadway Nails are perfect for special occasions because they’re so worry-free. I probably won’t wear them casually unless I’m feeling extra creative. I don’t have the gift of nail art so having these around make life pretty handy!
Disclaimer:These products are complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.