I stopped subscribing to Topbox 2 years ago since I didn’t really like the products in the box. However, I still receive emails from them about specials and other promotions. When I got an email about the Limited Edition LOULOU Summer Topbox for $40, I decided to purchase it to spoil myself hehe.
Trying to curb myself from buying cosmetics since there’s so many new collections coming out in summer IS SO HARD! I almost wanted to buy Dior Addict Fluid Stick at Sephora yesterday, but hooray for holding back! The prices of the products weren’t given, so I’m estimating based on the prices online.
So much stuff! The contents of the LOULOU Summer Topbox included:
- Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker (approximately $15, though I think it sells for $17 at Shoppers Drug Mart?)
I always wanted to try this, though bigger lips is the last thing I really want since I think I have ducky fat lips already. But I like lip products with the tingly feeling, and I’m wondering, how big can my lips really grow to with a lip product?? I was curious so I tried this ASAP after I opened the box. Not sure if my lips look significantly bigger, maybe if I smile with my lips closed?
- Essie Nail Polish in Peach Daiquiri and Bikini to So Teeny (approximately $8.50 per polish)PEACH DAIQUIRI! Such a cute colour. My picture makes the color look like it’s a lot redder than it is, but it’s more of a coral-red colour.
- MAKE UP FOREVER Mist & Fix (1.01 fl oz) – $14I have the URBAN DECAY Chill Makeup Setting Spray and it does a pretty good job when I used it to go to Fan Expo Vancouver. However, UD’s spray crystallizes my mascara. I’m going to be comparing these two. Plus, the MUFE is supposed to be hydrating too, which I’m pretty stoked about. Good thing I can carry this bottle around; I was lugging my giant spray of Urban Decay to my friend’s house to prep before Fan Expo Vancouver and it was a waste of space.
- KMS California Quick Blow Dry (30mL) (approximately $2.25)Couldn’t find a price on their website, but Amazon sells the KMS California Quick Blow Dry for $15 for 200mL. This is something I need, since my hair is as thick as a mop and takes hours to dry even if I blow dry it, it’s never 100% dry!!
- Yves Rocher Oriental Velvety Skin Scrub (approximately $6.40)On the Yves Rocher site, it costs $32 for a jar of 150mL of the scrub. Since summer is on its way and I need some smooth legs, hopefully this product delivers!
- teez Desert Metals mascara ($32.81)
Haven’t heard of this brand before and not sure where to buy this product in Canada, I only found the price on a UK based site for £17.95. This is claimed to be a smudge proof mascara that is waterbased, and it can withstand hot and moist climates. Perfect for summer, me thinks! I also like the funky packaging of this!
- Clinique repairwear laser focus wrinkle correcting eye cream (5mL, $18.33)I’ve had this in previous Clinique gifts with purchases and lost them, so I haven’t tried this long term enough to see enough results. I probably don’t need any wrinkle correcting products right now. It’s $55 for 0.5oz (15mL.) Pretty pricey!
- Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo (75mL, $10.50)This hair product is something I’m so looking forward to trying to. I’ve had a sample of the hair oil and love it, but why are Shu Uemura products so pricey!?! This shampoo is used to remove buildup, so this won’t be used to clean my hair regularly.
The total value of the LOULOU Summer Topbox is $116.29, plus a 1 year subscription to LOU LOU magazine $12.95 = $129.24. Yay, definitely got a bang for my buck in purchasing this box. The Essie polishes, Shu Uemura hair products, mascara, mist & fix, and the lip gloss are products that I forsee myself using.
There’s so many beauty boxes now in the market, it’s too hard to chose which one I want and I have too many samples in my drawer. However, if you are interested to joining Topbox, maybe to check it out or purchase these limited editions, you can check them out online here.
AND SIGH, my camera is still not fixed yet. I hope these pictures are ok quality for you all!
Hope you all have a good long weekend!!