Last time in the states, I visited Victoria’s Secret and bought a makeup box set called “The Heavenly Look”. I have done a quick overview on the items in my previous post.
There are instructions on how to create this look on the back of the box using these products, so I decided to try this couple days ago before going out.
So, the box comes with 7 items for $30. These are the steps written on the box:
- Face: VS Pro Airbrush FX Illuminating Primer: Prep skin for a Heavenly makeup look by applying all over to create a smooth, luminous canvas for a flawless makeup application that lasts.
- Lid: VS Makeup Eye Shadow Trio: Dust the champagne shade all over, concentrating color at the inner corner and browbone to give eyes that signature Heavenly glow. Sweep the gold shade from the lashline to crease. Apply the brown shade across the outer 2/3 of the lid just below the crease, then blend and extend color beyond the outer corner. Run the brown shade along the lower lashline.
- Line: VS Makeup Eye Liner in Extreme Black: For added definition, line the outer half of the top lashline and the entire bottom lashline with this creamy eye pencil.
- Lash:VS Makeup Voluptuous Volume Mascara: Brush on two coats of mascara to create extreme, voluminous lashes in an instant.
- Cheek:VS Makeup Baked Mineral Bronzing Powder in Glowing: Give skin a touch of sun-kissed radiance by sweeping directly on the apples of the cheeks and blending up towards temples. Lightly dust color across chin, forehead, and bridge of the nose, too.
- Lip: VS Makeup Lip Gloss in Elegance: Slick on this berry gloss for Heavenly-looking lips. Layer on a second coat for extra color and shine.
- Eau de Parfum: Dream Angels Heavenly: Th perfect finishing touch. Spray this romantic fragrance on pulse points like wrists or neck.
- The primer gives a nice smooth, highlighting effect on the cheekbones, but the smell is very floral, so I don’t spread it over my face.
- The champagne and gold color eyeshadow are nice, but fairly light- the champagne gets camouflaged by the gold. Nonetheless, the color combination is subtle. The brown is a bit too dark for me, and I’m not pro enough to follow the instructions with all the application 🙁 . A eyelid primer should be used with these eyeshadows.
- I like the eyeliner! Simple, black, easy to glide on the lashline. When I put some on the outer corners of my eyes, it smudges a little bit.
- I’m not a fan of the mascara, as the others ones I have prove to be better. It doesn’t create volume that made me go WOW.
- The bronzing powder it’s very light to give the natural look, which I like, but since it’s not very pigmented, I need to layer on 3-4 times to show that “hint” of a sun-kissed radiance.
- The lip gloss doesn’t match the picture at the back. Maybe because my lips are too dark? It’s more of a darker pink, than actual berry. I tried two coats, and I mostly got shine.
- The perfume is sweet and airy- I like fruity scents better. I actually got dizzy from smelling the perfume too long. :/ I think I’m just sensitive to perfume smells.
Despite the mascara being not too voluminous, but the whole look is very wearable for everyday, which is good for me!
Now for some before and after pictures! I always wanted to doing something like this to see how much makeup can change someone.
So, I realized I don’t look a thing like the picture on the box, but I think I did an okay job of attempting, right? 😛
Crazy what makeup can do!