I finally, finally survived my 5 finals in 6 days week + 2 sleepovers at UBC campus + average of 15-20 hours of sleep this whole week (approximately 3-4 hours of sleep/day.) I’ve been awake since 5 am studying for electronics,and I am finally FREE.
I feel like I haven’t been on WordPress for ages, so here’s a update on the little things during the last couple days…and I can’t wait to write the million thing I want to share after this post.
1) For the past couple weeks, I got H Pylori infection– a type of bacteria sitting in the stomach that pretty much makes you feel like crap. H Pylori is the cause of ulcers (don’t think I have one..) and it also causes inflammation of the stomach.For the first two weeks of April, I have been eating 8 pills/day (antibiotics), and it hasn’t been fun. I wanted to write a bit about it for all those people who googles about it, because when I first got my box of pills, I was freaking out, googling about side effects, and freaking out more.
I did not get any side effects, maybe a bit sleepy and “full” for the first couple days, but after that, I just held my breath and popped them in like candy. The biaxin (yellow pill) tastes the worst. I held my breath, swallowed it, and then sucked on candy or something so I won’t taste the after taste. This was not a fun ordeal, but at least I can eat like a normal, young, healthy person again!
For all those who are ever diagnosed with positive H Pylori, DON’T go online and be obsessed with forums of people taking natural remedies and stuff. Do what the doc says.
2) I redeemed my free Starbucks drink that I luckily got from my last purchase. I got an Iced Caramel Macchiato! Very yummy, but I shouldn’t have jumped into the caffeine diet so fast cause the acidity of the caffeine made me feel queasy.
3) Starbucks part 2: I GOT MY GOLD CARD! ^____^
3) I received my bow tie ring I bought from ASOS on sale ages ago. I’ve been looking for a big chunky ring, and this is adjustable too!Great accessory to make a plain outfit interesting!
4) I have been obsessed with Instagram lately (follow me at wheetnee if you are interested :D) , and here’s a nice picture of cherry blossom tree I took on campus. I was trying to go for an “artistic shot/angle” so I shot it while I was under the tree. 😛
5) Tomorrow is Earth Day, and lots of retailers are having special promotions:
-As I mentioned in my last post, Starbucks is giving free coffee or tea if you bring your own travel mug.
– David’s Tea is giving away free tea of the day when you bring in your travel mug.
– Sephora is having a promotion I am excited about! Bring in an empty cosmetic jar and get a FREE FULL SIZED Origins moisturizer. Going to go when the store openings in the am!
– Khiels is also giving some kind of starter kit if you bring in an empty cosmetic jar! This promo runs from April 18-30th! I never tried anything from Khiels so I’m excited to check it out!
I’m excited to go around Downtown Vancouver to check out these Earth Day perks tomorrow!