Heck, my grade 12 grad yearbook quote was from Dumbledore.
5) And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.
Life is always an adventure, and it’s better to tackle it head on.
4) It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Whatever you do, no matter how wrong, don’t be stuck for hours thinking about it and lose yourself. There is no way to turn time around (unless you have a time turner) so we should focus on living in the present and not think of the past.
3) Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.
Dumbledore hits the spot with this quote- even though everyone knows short term pain is worse, we all do it anyway to avoid the problem. Feeling the pain gives us the ability to relieve it.
2) It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Harry has some abilities of Voldemort, but he chooses to be brave and not join the dark side. Although my problems are much more minor than Harry- just as I am choosing to blog instead of concentrating on my studying, it shows I’m a procrastinating student. One doesn’t need to be talented in every way to find their own definition. This was my grade 12 graduation quote in my yearbook, as I had to make new choices post graduation. And sometimes I find faults in my abilities while studying in my undergrad year now, I’m still happy with my choice.
1) Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.
This is an especially powerful quote, because sometimes I do feel like I’m stuck in the darkness, but there’s always a chance of happiness if I turn on the lights- if I find something to escape the dark.
Doesn’t matter if there are dementors following you, because there’s always happiness to fight them off.
I think Dumbledore can give life lessons better than anyone else.