Pearlessence tagged me in a post where I have to say 11 things about myself and answer 11 questions,and tag 11 people. Here goes!
Here’s 11 quirky facts about me 🙂
1) HUGE Harry Potter fanatic. Have a Harry Potter shrine in my room, consisting of my prized Harry Potter possessions. I’m so addicted to it, despite my adult age, and I’m still not ashamed. I dressed up when the final DVD got launched and people actually thought I 16 or 17 even though I was 20. I will have to do another pose one day showcasing my Harry Potter shrine. And I still wear my Gryffindor scarf out, with pride.
If you love Harry Potter, you are automatically my friend.
2) I have a secret soft spot for Cardcaptors. I even wrote/continuing to still write my fan-fiction stories for it! My pen-name is secret though. 😉
3) I hate chocolate desserts. Give me a chocolate cake and I won’t eat it.I’ll drink hot chocolate or eat a chocolate bar, but I don’t like it as a mousse, cake, or even ice cream.
4) When I retire as an engineer, I want to travel around the world to different craft fairs with my own craft business.
5) I buy anything that is related to apples. No, not like macs and iPhones. Like the fruit apple. I have apple perfume, apple lotion, apple hand sanitizer, apple earrings, apple shaped and flavoured lip cream, apple shaped basket, apple flavoured candy, apple pattern sweater….. I’ll do a post on all my apple goods one day 🙂
I go gaga for apples. I want my future house to be red with a green roof. And inside there will be apple patterned cutlery and dishes.
6)I wish I could dress like Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl.
7) I chose to study engineering because I simple wanted to be unique and different after coming out of high school. I went to an all girls high school, and decided that I wanted to pursue something totally different than everyone else. Sometimes I struggle, but I have never regretted my decision. One more year until I get my iron ring and graduate! I’ve literally had 50-80 people ask me during my time at UBC why I’m an engineer. Boys never get asked that.
And I (was) fairly competent in physics back in the days. Not really anymore. 😛
8) I have a mole/birth mark on my bottom row of teeth, in the middle. It’s a small black dot and it’s been there the moment I was born. No idea how that came to be. One time the dentist thought it was a cavity and started poking at it.
9) I get nosebleeds often, especially during the middle of the night. Since I hate losing sleep AND blood- I came up with several ways to sleep while having a nosebleed.
- Use a clothespin + towel. Wrap towel around nose, then use clothespin to clip the nose and towel. The towel will absorb the blood, and the clothespin will eventually stop the bleeding. Proceed sleeping in a semi-upright manner.
- If both sides of the nose is bleeding, (happens to me sometimes too) take a long piece of tissue, roll it up until it’s a longish thick roll. Then put each end inside your nose. (This works if you’re not heavily bleeding.)
Sorry if I grossed you out! Hope they come in handy for anyone with nosebleeds.
10)I like funky smells. Not gross, nauseous smelling things. I mean, the smell of gasoline is really, really, attractive to me. I know it’s equivalent of inhaling cancer, but I don’t smell it all the time anyway! Nail polish also smells great.And liquid white out.
11) I just painted my nails with Sally Hansen nailgrowth Miracle in Nurturing Natural. I love nude/pink colored nails, I’m too scared to go wild with crazy colors. I’m also using this because my nails need growing! I destroyed my thumbnail because I rolled the rim too much on Tim Horton’s roll the rim cups and it literally tore my nail and detached the part attached to my skin.
AND, these are the 11 questions asked by pearlessence
1.What’s your favourite type of cuisine?
Italian – From pizza to bread, from pasta to tiramisu, Italian food could cover up my daily necessity of food.
2. What is the one beauty brand you absolutely need?
Ahhh, so hard. I definitely love Benefit because I’m a huge sucker for anything cute and anything with great packaging. This is why I’m so broke. 🙁
3. Bold eye or bold lip?
Bold lip….cause a) I wear glasses 99% of the time, b) I don’t like my eyes 🙁
4. What’s your favourite outfit like?
If I’m at home, just a pair of sweats and hoodie! But on a normal going to school basis – it would be a warm sweater with (or without) a cardigan (depending on weather,) skinny jeans + boots or converse.
And also a pair of earrings.
5. Why did you start blogging?
I’ve had Xanga since Grade 8 (which is 9 years ago) and my xanga was more like a journal. I have a Tumblr, but it’s mainly for pictures. I started my real blog, this one, in mid Feburary because my friend, thewalkntalk, was motivating me to start something I already wanted to do. I started getting really pumped up about blogging because I have always enjoyed writing in my past time, and I enjoy it even more when I know people read it and comment on my thoughts. I love to meet people with similar interests or just anyone new, really!
6. What’s the most adventurous/daring thing you’ve ever done?
Sadly, not much. I’m really bad at taking risks.I’ve done some pretty bad things in the past, but I can’t remember.
Oh, I did line up for the opening of the Apple Store at Richmond Centre at 6 am so I can get a free T-Shirt. I love my freebies.
And, I do plan to join the UBC Quidditch team next year.
7. What have you always wanted to try?
Make my own clothes. Design my own dress. Go to a fabric store, buy a pattern, buy the fabric, and sew something awesome. In fact, I will do that this summer, on top of my million other projects I want to do.
8. What’s your favourite dessert?
Tiramisu or creme brulee. If a restaurant has both options, I’m screwed and need ages to decide.
9. Skirts or pants?
Pants! This is really embarrassing- I only have one skirt and I bought it earlier this year during a sale at Aritzia.
10. What instruments do you play/would you want to learn to play?
I played alto saxophone before for a year and I thought I was the coolest person in the world. I don’t play anything now and I regret dropping piano when I was young. I wish I knew how to play electric violin or drums. Drums would make me look badass. I think the drummer is extremely important, because although he/she is in the back, the drummer is in charge of keeping the rhythm. And I would love to learn electric violin because I want to be a rockstar.
11. Tell me one thing you love about yourself. Don’t be shy!
How I’m very into things, when I’m into something. And when I’m very into that something, I don’t really care what anyone else say about me. Like my nerdiness with Harry Potter. Everything always ties back to Harry Potter.
Hope I didn’t bore you with my endless flow of ramblings. Everyone reading this is tagged!